ANM nursing application form– Auxiliary Nursery Midwifery in Nursing (ANM) is a diploma course which comes under the medical nursing profession. The course duration is 2 years with 6 months of the internship. The eligibility to study this course, how to get, and fill ANM nursing application form, all can be found in this article. This course aims to teach students in what way they can help the whole community of people in providing healthcare. The lack of medical care professionals in our community amounts to a huge demand for ANM nurses.
ANM course is available as both part-time and full-time. ANM graduates are able to work in various kinds of healthcare organizations. They have to help in treating patients, taking care of the patients and their well being, and make all efforts possible on their early rehabilitation.
Eligibility Criteria for ANM Admission 2020
To take admission in any medical institute, student must meet certain eligibility criteria. Students must have science subjects in their 10+2 level of education, being the top among other set of criteria. The minimum eligibility criteria to gain admission into Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM) nursing course is to be a minimum 10+2 level pass out from State Board of Secondary Education, ICSE Board or CBSE Board with a minimum aggregate score of at least 50%.
Area of study in ANM diploma course
ANM students are mentored on maternity care and in providing assistance to new mothers during pregnancy and post-delivery. Students are also taught on various aspects of medical care that aim at improving the health of patients, families and community at large. On academic basis, the syllabus breakdown of subjects to be studied is as follows- Biological Science, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Behavioural Science, Fundamental of Nursing, Psychology, First Aid, Sociology, Personal Hygiene, Environment Hygiene, Health Education & Communication Skill, Community Health Nursing, Nutrition and English
In the Second Year- Medical Surgical Nursing I (Including Pharmacology), Medical Surgical Nursing II (Specialties)
Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing, Computer Education.
Admission Process layout – The admission criteria is: Merit-based or entrance examination.
For admission through an entrance examination, rounds of counselling session are also there. Merit-based admission has the layout of the following steps-
- Scanning and uploading of documents
- Payment of application fee
- Results of students selected
These steps help a candidate to secure their seat in the institute of their choice. After that, they can go for admission in ANM nursing college.
- Entrance based admission also have a lot of steps which are simply stated below-
- Registration for entrance exam.
- Documents are uploaded on the application portal.
- Payment of application fee.
- Issue of admit cards.
- Conduct of entrance exam
- Results are announced.
- Admission- If a candidate clears all the above steps, then he/she can move for taking admission by contacting the college/ University authority and can secure a seat into the ANM nursing course by paying admission fee.
The Entrance Exam for the ANM nursing course is conducted under these state governed bodies. –
- Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science in UP
- Commission of Health Family Welfare in Andhra Pradesh
- Department of Health and Family Welfare- Punjab region
- Department of Health and Family Welfare Maharashtra in Maharashtra
- West Bengal Health Department in West Bengal
- Karnataka Health Department in Karnataka
- Kerala Health Department in Kerala
(ANM) nursing course Scope and Job Prospects
A set of interpersonal skills along with knowledge on the subject of study helps one to land a good job opportunity aftercompleting this ANM diploma course, these include-
- Ability to handle stressful situations with calm and composed mind.
- Impressive communication (speaking and listening) skills with good fluency in speech.
- Ability to adapt, improve and overcome any adversity.
- Alertness and curiosity to learn.
- Good observation skills.
Some of the ANM Job profiles with descriptions with average salary between 2.5 lpa to 5.4 lpa (INR) are like-
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Forensic Nurse
- Travelling Nurse
If after completion in ANM nursing, one still wants to pursue higher education, B.Sc. Nursing, Management programmes like MBA.
ANM course is a job-oriented diploma program for nursing aspirants in the medical care profession. This course offers many lucrative and noble career opportunities in both the private and public sectors. This article provided detailed information on ANM nursing application form, syllabus, and admission process.