B.Sc. post basic nursing scope in Australia – B.Sc. Post Basic Nursing course is a two-year duration UG course. In which, Nurses are healthcare professionals that often work in hospitals. Or the outpatient facilities to serve hand-on care to the patients by monitoring and supporting their medical education. So, take a look at the blog and real about the B.Sc. post basic nursing scope in Australia.
Further, one needs to look for administering medications, maintaining records, and communication skills with the doctor as well. So that the students can become professional nurses in the future. In pots basic B.Sc. nursing, which is also referred to as PBBSc, the candidates are provided with advanced education in classroom lectures and hands-on training. So, admission to the courses is often done on the basis of candidates’ performance.
Indeed, if the candidates are eligible enough then they have to give the entrance test conducted at the university/institute level. Although, some institutions also provide direct admission to the candidate according to their merit percentages. Today, in the following article, you will come to know about scope after B.Sc. post basic nursing course. Scroll down.
B.Sc. Nursing job opportunities in Australia
Indeed, nurses play a vital role in the field of healthcare sectors. So, the aspirants with a degree in PBBSc can find decent job profiles in both government and private healthcare sectors. It might include hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, community health centers, NGOs, etc. Although, in order to avail better career opportunities. The students have been suggested to obtain a master’s degree after PB BSc.
Here, check out some of the most popular job profiles given in Australia that B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) students can choose for future grades:
- Nurse instructor: Well, the nurse instructor is very much responsible for the planning, development, and instruction of nursing courses for the basic medical program required.
- Chief nursing officer: One of the major responsibilities of a chief nursing officer is to manage clinical and patient care standards. In short, a CNO needs to ensure that patients are safe in the hospitals and will be served with appropriate medical care.
- Nurse Manager: Here, a nurse controller is a professional to evaluate the performance of the staff nurses. Plus to provide them mentoring, contribute to their professional development, interviews, and hires nurses, etc.
- Paramedic nurse: As per the responsibilities of a paramedic nurse to include driving and staffing ambulances, responding to emergency 9cases. To help the patients is getting emergency treatment and whatnot.
- Critical care nurse: Well, the critical care nurses are responsible for taking care of seriously injured and ill patients. For example, a nurse assesses patients’ medical condition; perform diagnostic tests, and helps doctors with the required medical process.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation specialist: A psychosocial rehabilitation cures the patients suffering from some mental health issues. Also, the treatment of such patients often addresses relationships.
- Nursing assistant: In addition, a nursing assistant is a trained professional to serve basic care to the patients and assist them in daily activities like bathing.
- Community health specialist: A community health specialist or a health educator helps to build and implement programs to inform the public about several health-related problems.
Eligibility required for B.Sc. post basic nursing course
Besides, to follow the B.Sc. post basic nursing course, the candidates are eligible enough to hunt such a program. So, in order to follow PBBSc, you are required with basic things listed below.
The candidates should:
- Successfully clear +2 class from a well-known board preferably in the science stream.
- Registered as a registered nurse and registered midwives (RNRM).
- I possess a three-year diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM).
- Minimum two years of experience in the profession (after getting registered as RNRM).
- The make aspirants who have not done midwifery in GNM should possess a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months. Plus it needs to prescribe by the Indian nursing council in lieu of midwifery.
Note: The foregoing eligibility criteria are the basic and might vary from institution to institution.
Hence, these are the B.Sc. post basic nursing scope and eligibility criteria for the student who wishes to pursue this. Also, if you want to hunt this program then one needs to have good stamina, flexibility, organizations, communication, and leadership skills, and well-understood with the basics.